So you are a sole prop and essential service provider, but you have NO idea how to go about trading? After speaking to someone from the DTI this morning I have the steps needed for you to be able to trade. 

The first thing is you need to establish if you are an essential service provider, you can do that here http://www.gov.za/documents/disaster-management-act-regulations-address-prevent-and-combat-spread-coronavirus-covid-19 once you establish if you fall under the essential services bracket you need to print out the attached form below. 

You will need to print this on your company letterhead, complete the details and issue to each staff member – you need to list who the owner of the sole prop is and each employee that works under you, this is needed to be on your persons should you need to travel. You will need to also get an affidavit from the police station stating you do operate as a sole prop. 

If you have any questions that are not addressed herein please feel free to contact me on my email address.